In 2011, it is one of my resolutions to stay connected with family and friends and share important moments in our daily lives with each of you... hopefully this will give you a glimmer into our home, see our children grow, and be involved in our journey during the year.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Times Have Changed...

Times have definitely changed since I was little. I can still remember how excited I would be when we opened a new box of crayons. Now with technology they don't even need crayons to color pictures. Check out the lemon tree that Wills drew today.


Last month we bought a Wacom Intuos 4 Wireless tablet. I thought it would be great to use for scrapbooking. It didn't even cross my mind that the kids would be using it all of the time. Wills and Riley ask almost everyday if they can use it to color on the computer using a program called Adobe Illustrator.


They love to use it to draw pictures and if they make a mistake they just click undo. Since you use a pen instead of a mouse, it is just like drawing with a crayon. Then I just turn the file into a jpg and we are able to email it out to everyone or print it to hang on the fridge.


I am amazed at how quickly they learn to use the program. It is almost intuitive for them. Absolutely AMAZING! I wish it would have come to me as quickly. I guess that is the difference between generations. I wonder what technology they will come up with next.


We love our Wacom tablet... worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment