In 2011, it is one of my resolutions to stay connected with family and friends and share important moments in our daily lives with each of you... hopefully this will give you a glimmer into our home, see our children grow, and be involved in our journey during the year.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Albanian Cooking - Gjelle

Today is a cloudy, cool day in southern California. I thought it would be perfect for a stew to warm things up. Nana used to make this for Charisse and I all the time when we were growing up. When Aunt Georgia was here last week, she gave me the recipe. I thought I would share it with you.


Ingredients:

  •  4 Quarter Lamb Chops, cut into chunks
  • 1 T Garlic
  • 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt / Pepper to taste
  • 1 TSP Oregano
  • Handful of String Green Beans
  • 1 TSP Tomato Paste
  • 16 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
  • 1/4 Cup Water

Saute onions and minced garlic in olive oil. Saute lamb until brown. Add tomatoes, salt/pepper, oregano, and water. After washing and removing the ends of the green beans, add to the stew. Simmer for 45 - 50 minutes.

Well I hope you enjoy the recipe... it warms my heart to know that I can now share this recipe with my little ones. It definitely reminds me of Nana and my childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment