In 2011, it is one of my resolutions to stay connected with family and friends and share important moments in our daily lives with each of you... hopefully this will give you a glimmer into our home, see our children grow, and be involved in our journey during the year.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Time for change... healthy choices

When I was in college, I never thought I would have any problems with weight or exercise... I just always thought I would be healthy and have a high metabolism. However now that it has been 8 years since I graduated and I have had 4 children, I feel like it is time for a change. I need to make healthy choices and start taking care of myself.


So when we moved to California, I joined a gym and I am ashamed to say that I have only been a few times since August. I always find excuses not to go - work, laundry, the boys, time, yard work, or just being tired... so I decided to put aside the excuses and go out for a run tonight. It has been a long time since I put running shoes on to actually go running.

While I only ran half a mile, it felt good to be running. I got my heart rate up and I could feel my muscles burning. So maybe tomorrow, I will run a mile... I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment